Tuesday, September 2, 2008

4-Wheeler

I couldn't find a recent picture of the kids on the 4-wheeler. I'll have to take a new one. Anyway, last week they were out back riding around, and chose to break just about every rule I've set for them. Janna was driving with Lilly and Abbey on the back (rule #1- only one person at a time). None of them had shoes on (rule #2). They didn't have helmets on (rule #3). And, they were driving on our neighbor's driveway. Bob was throwing rocks at the riders, and Emma was chasing them to try to tell them something. Janna was going way too fast to try to get away, and ran into the corner of our neighbor's house, then bounced and hit his car. Luckily, with a small 4-wheeler and governed speeds, there was no visible damage, other than scratches on Abbey and Lilly. Abbey came in to get me, and by the time I got outside, Cliff was consoling Lilly and checking on everything. I asked if his car was okay, and he said he wasn't worried about the car, just wanted to make sure Lilly was okay. Apparently she bumped her head. I felt a little relief, but was ANGRY that when I got out there to see what was going on, Janna had taken off, and was already in the back field riding around. She knew she was in trouble. Until yesterday when my family was here, the keys were taken away. We're still working on following ALL of the rules.

No comments: