Thursday, October 30, 2008

Go Abbey!


Now it's Abbey's turn to shine. I went to parent teacher conferences last week (conveniently they schedule parents with multiple students all right in a row so you don't have to keep going back). Anyway, when I met with Abbey's teacher, he said "I'm sure you already know Abbey's a great student, and the office said they already had you sign paperwork for the gifted program." I was confused. No paperwork signed by me. He explained that she had scored very high on 2 tests they use to determine qualification for the school's "Gifted" program, and they would like her to participate. I told him, and later the teacher in charge of the program, that we'll try it for now, and see how she likes it. If it's not something she likes, she'll go back to her regular studies. I'm not sure what the program includes, other that different types of learning activities that vary from the normal classroom setting. We'll see how things go. Only 4 3rd graders qualified, and Abbey is excited to try it out.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Go Abbey is right! That's awesome. She must take after me...being gifted and all.

Richard and Chelsey said...

Way to go Abbey. That's awesome!