Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back Packs



Is that one word or two? Anyway, I procrastinated big time, and it finally paid off. I didn't get the kids backpacks this year, and was going to take them last night after meet the teacher night. We got to the school and I took Lilly in first to meet her teacher, and sent the 4 older ones with a check to buy school shirts. They came back with the shirts, and FREE BACK PACKS filled with school supplies! Do you know how happy I was? I couldn't believe my luck. I was so excited, and the back packs, along with their contents kept the kids somewhat entertained while I completed all 5 meet-the-teacher meetings. All of the teachers the kids got this year are new to us, except Janna's. She has this year for 3rd grade the teacher Abbey had in 2nd grade. I was impressed with Abbey teacher for this year, who dressed up as a miner complete with a hard hat, light, dirt covererd face, boots- the whole 9 yards. She seems fun.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

That's awesome! You would think if they were free they'd be advertising for some company or not. That saved you a ton of $! Nice! So Abbey & Emma wanted to coordinate? Everyone looks happy for their first day!