Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bad Day

Yesterday was a bad day. Suzee hates me because I quit nursing her. She'll be one in 18 days. This is the longest I've ever nursed. Ever. I'm in a lot of pain. I scream when nobody is close enough to hear me. I didn't vacuum the downstairs before bed. For 48 hours Suzee wouldn't drink a bottle or a sippy cup. She drank a little out of a regular cup (messy) and I left her with Cami while I went to work because she kept hitting me in the chest. Cami got her to drink water from a medicine dropper or a spoon. Today while we were grocery shopping I handed Suzee her sippy full of water and she just drank it. And kept drinking, and drank about 3/4 of the entire cup. Finally! I've slept on the floor for 2 nights in a row so Jay could soothe her back to sleep without her seeing me. My chest has finally stopped swelling, but hasn't gone down in size yet. Jay left for Tucson this morning, and he'll be gone for 3 days. I called Shauna last night just to complain.

On the bright side- GEORGE STRAIT this Friday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Put cabbage leaves on your chest (next to your skin) at night. Somehow it helps a lot.

Shauna said...

you resisted the pumping? i'm impressed.

Karen Burr said...

You did it all without pain killers? You are much tougher than I am.

Kim and Adam said...

Maybe I shouldn't of read your blog. I am so scared to stop nursing Kaylani because she too won't drink from a bottle or a sippy cup and she still wants to nurse about ever 4 hours. Good Luck! Hopefully we can come down soon.