Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Addictions and Stuff

I think I'm addicted to gardening. I love being outside, even when it's hot. We've had great harvests of beets, carrots and onions, and are working toward everything else for the summer. Monday I picked a basket-full of plums and apricots. And I liked them. And I don't even like plums. I wake up in the morning and think about what I'm going to do to help the garden progress that day, and whether or not there will be anything to harvest. I try to get out before the kids wake up because it's a lot easier that way, but they have been helping too. We've been pulling weeds like mad with help from Cindy's family, Amy's family and Dad and Patty. The weeds are almost under control now. We had to replant corn as most of it didn't germinate, and lots of what did got eaten by the squirrels and the geese. Looking forward to homemade salsa and fresh corn.

I'm still sick with this pregnancy. I had an appointment Monday and told my doctor, who thought I should be over it by now. I'm not at all. I threw up outside our office on Saturday, and kept hoping nobody saw, then again before church the next day. My doc gae me a prescription to help, but I can't find it. So, until I find it I guess I won't know if it works.

And, we got a puppy. She's an Australian Shepherd named CJ, which stands for nothing in particular. We thought she had run away once already, but she was hiding under a cart asleep. The kids are enjoying time outside with her.

No comments: