Thursday, September 9, 2010

Soccer 2010




Well, a few weeks into the season and I'm not sure I'm impressed. Lilly and Janna's teams/coaches seem to be doing okay. Bob's and Abbey and Emma's not so much. One has never played soccer and doesn't know any of the rules, and one is young and too busy texting to pay attention to the game, and constantly yells "SHUT UP!" at the kids. If I have to sign a paper with AYSO saying I will be on my best behavior as a parent, why shouldn't the coaches have to follow the same rules? Practices have been tough with 4 different schedules to keep up with. Thank goodness they put Lilly and Lia on the same team and Cindy has been so helpful getting Lilly to practice. We haven't had games for 2 weeks due to rain and Labor Day, so this Saturday we start again. A long day at the fair grounds it will be. And I'm pretty sure some of the kids will not ask to play soccer again next year.

1 comment:

Douglas Family said...

First off, I am so happy to see your kids playing our favorite sport. I am not a soccer expert, but I live with one and I can tell you about 100 reasons why parents have to sign the forms (I think I have witnessed all of them except shooting the coach/referee)...but I agree the coach should be well behaved too. Just remember they are all volunteers so it is hard to even get anyone to coach. Plus they receive minimal or no training. If you don't like it you could always complain or sign up to coach next time :)