Monday, December 29, 2008

Demo Day


On Christmas Eve Jay asked if I wanted to know what my present was. I said no because I like surprises, and wanted to wait until Christmas. He told me I might want to know early so I could make plans. My gift had a time limit of 3 days. WHAT? He told me we were tearing out the 25+ year old carpet and putting in new flooring. HOORAY! Decisions. I had to decide what all to do in the next 3 days while he wasn't working. We started Christmas Day and tore out the carpet, along with the wall and floor tile that used to house the wood burning stove. That included taking out a section of sheetrock. I requested the "popcorn" ceiling be destroyed since wwe were already making a mess. It took a long time, and made a huge mess, but I'm SO glad it's done. Then to choose paint and flooring. We chose hard wood, until Home Depot couldn't get their price strait, then switched to a beautiful tile. I chose the paint color and will take full responsibility for my "bagel" colored walls. It's yellow-ish. We got the majority of the painting done Saturday afternoon, and installed the tile that night after the kids were in bed. It took until 3 am. We still have to do the edges that needed cut, and grout everything. I have to finish the paint touch-ups. It already looks a million times better. I'm happy to have the carpet gone. It was time.

1 comment:

Cami X said...

My favorite picture is the one of you vacuuming with face cut out and showing your cute little pregnant belly.
It's going to be SO nice though.