Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Callings

So, we went a month or more without having callings in church. We got one- together. We were called last week as the activities co-chair people- if that's how you say it politically correct. I was excited to have a calling with Jay so we can work together, but also that it's not a huge burden to me. I'm comfortable planning and executing events such as ward parties (of course I haven't done one yet), and we'll have a committee with as many people as we feel we need. Anyway, this past Sunday bishop asked me to accept another calling. I thought he was kidding. Nope. Can't say what it is yet, but I think it will take more time than the first one, just because I'll have to plan ahead. I don't do that. Ever. I'm a last minute kind of person- and totally okay with it. I realize other people aren't, because they like to plan to the last detail and know what's going to happen. I can't. Maybe because I know if it didn't pan out the way it was supposed to I wouldn't be happy? I'm excited about both callings. Definitely a change for us (I was in the primary presidency and Jay was in the Sunday School presidency), but it will be fun. I guess this is what I get for complaining about running out of food at our last 2 ward parties. If it happens again, it's on ME!

2 comments:

Douglas Family said...

How funny that you just got called to that - John is our activities committee - a one man show! I was in our last ward and I had to schedule the stake center. That was a bit of a pain. I am sure you will do great and I doubt you will run out of food!

Cami X said...

That is the PERFECT calling for you! You guys are one of the few die hards at all the stuff anyway. (No offense to anyone who might read this.)