Friday, April 17, 2009

Mini Tornado

Last Friday I took the kids up to Dustin and Amy's for Katelynn's birthday party. They live up on the hill overlooking Safford (off Airport Road). I looked out the window and saw this thing that I thought was smoke from a fire. It wasn't. It was a mini tornado. It was headed for our building, then turned north and took off our neighbors porch roof, and went right by our house. The kids and I spent yesterday afternoon picking up all the broken branches from our pecan trees out front. It was a mess. If you click on the video on my sidebar, you can see what it did to our pool we have in front of our building. It ended up with an 18" crack that had to be repaired since we're planning on getting the pool in the ground very soon.

1 comment:

Douglas Family said...

Man, that was wild! What are the chances that a mini tornado would destroy a pool that isn't in the ground yet?