Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sleep-Walker

So, I was jarred from my bed at 11:30 last night by screaming and yelling. I heard the back door slam shut. Was someone going out or coming in? I jumped up and found Bob returning to the bedroom. What was going on? I asked him over and over, but I think he was half asleep still. I asked him if he had locked the door. He said yes, but I was skeptical. We went downstairs together and locked the back door (which wasn't locked) and went back upstairs. With the pool being outside, I instantly panicked and thought someone might have gone out the door. I turned on the lights and counted 7 children. All inside. Suzee was in my room. Nobody was outside. Bob was either sleep-walking, or he thought it was morning and went to check if Jay had already left. He obviously realized it was still nighttime and went back upstairs. For my sake, that pool cover can't come fast enough. The track is in, and the cover will be installed Friday. Hallelujah! Funny how a couple weeks ago Janna and Bob wanted to sleep outside on the playground, and I told them not until the cover was installed because they might sleep-walk and fall into the pool. "I don't walk in my sleep" said Bob. At least not that he remembers.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Tami, Tami!! It is so fun to see all your projects!! YOu guys are such a busy little family....
I don't know how you do it all!

Your AMAZING!

Shona and Blaine said...

Does Jay still sleep-walk? I know of one or two occasions when he did when I was going to EA. So his sophomore or junior year maybe. If you want to hear the story let me know, it was quite funny and I got a "I don't walk in my sleep" from him.