Friday, July 23, 2010

Burial



On Friday, July 16 we buried our 9th child. It wasn't easy, but it was perfect. Jay and Bob went and dug the grave earlier in the afternoon. Then we all got ready and went to the funeral home to get Jeremiah's body. The kids were very curious, so we took them in and let them see him, then we wrapped him in a blanket and sealed the vault. We drove over to the cemetery, and after back-filling the hole we talked about the resurrection and the milennium, and said a prayer. Besides it being the middle of July and completely hot and humid, I wish we could have stayed in that moment longer. It was peaceful. Our nice neighbor across the way came and helped us shovel the dirt, otherwise we might have been there a lot longer. And by the way, I know that shoveling dirt (and lots of rocks, I might add) is not considered "light housework", but it was something I needed to do. I felt very pioneer-ish, except I can go back and visit the place where my son is buried.

2 comments:

Scott & Liesel said...

I've been thinking about and praying for you so much. Your dad and Cole got here last night. He says you are doing well. I'm sorry you all had to go through this.

payneful life said...

Tami and Family. I got on Cami's blog and then clicked on your link...anyway.

I had no idea about your loss. My heart goes out to your family. Jeremiah is a great name. So sorry for this trial in your life.

the paynes.