Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sad News

I went in to the OB this morning for a routine check-up. I'm about 18 1/2 weeks along- almost halfway. After the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat with his listening device, he asked me to go in to the next room for a quick ultrasound. I told him maybe he could tell me if it was a boy or girl then, and he said sure.

After looking for a few minutes, and scrunching up his face, he said "I don't have good news."

I said "No heartbeat?"

He said "No heartbeat."

I will likely schedule induction for tomorrow, but since the labor process tends to be lengthy for such a premature delivery, the baby may not come until Wednesday. The doctor measured the baby and it seems to have stopped growing right around 17 weeks. They will do genetic and chromosomal testing after the baby is born to see if a cause can be determined.

We are saddened, but know that the Lord has a plan, and we trust in that plan.

Love,
Tami & Jay & Kids

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear the sad news Tami. You and your family are in my prayers.

Douglas Family said...

I am so sorry. Wish I could be there to give you a gigantic hug! Will be praying for you all.