Wednesday, July 27, 2011

24th Celebration

My mind still hasn't figured out that my body can't keep up. We attended the 24th of July festivities on Saturday. I thought I would be fine. Most of the kids rode on the float in the parade, but I didn't get any pictures because Jay and I watched from the van. We set up our camp chairs on the EAC football field and had an awesome BBQ beef dinner. I didn't even make it through dinner and had to lay down. I forgot to bring a blanket, but Jay's and my camp chairs came with small pillows. I put one under my head and one under my stomach, and spent the rest of the night laying in the grass.The weather was wonderful, which is a miracle. Traditionally it rains on every 24th of July celebration. We were very lightly sprinkled on as we walked into the stadium, but that was the end of it.



Suzee chewed on this pop top forever.


Ryan Innes did a small concert before the fireworks show, which was really nice.


Papa and Patty finished their duties serving food and sat with us to watch the fireworks. Suzee was so fun to listen to during the fireworks show. She would see one shooting up and yell "Color, color, color" until everyone around her guessed what color it was going to be. James covered his ears and asked me a thousand times if it was over yet.



Even though it was harder than I thought it would be, it felt good to get out in that awesome weather.

No comments: