Sunday, July 31, 2011

Another Update





-Thursday I went in for my weekly appointment and my doctor admitted me to the hospital because I had dilated to almost 4 cm. Last check I was 2 cm.
-Doc. checked me later that evening and said we were losing the battle, and he called for a helicopter to get me to a hospital in Mesa with a NICU.
-Got put on magnesium and flew to Mesa (very uncomfortable flight) and have been here since.
-Hit 32 weeks yesterday, and have slowly been taken off the magnesium.
-Got another round of steroids shots for babies lungs.
-Had a sonogram that estimated babies to weigh 4 lbs 4 oz and 4 lbs 1 oz.
-Baby A is still head down, and B is still breech.
-Jay drove here yesterday with kids and Cindy and Sean's family. They finished up school shopping and had fun swimming at the hotel.
-They brought me all kinds of lotions and potions, and some clothes for the babies.
-Kim brought me a cherry limeade, Derek brought me gum (I had bad breath), Candace painted my toe nails, Chelsey brought me stuff to take a real shower then braided my hair, Derek brought me a taste of his Maggiano's (sp?) lasagne. I am feeling very spoiled.
-Still not sure if they'll keep me here until I deliver, or if they'll let me go to my parents house. My history of fast labors makes everyone a little nervous.
-As much as I want to be home, I know this is a safer place to be.
-And I like visitors. Hint, hint.

No comments: