Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Post Surgery

Pre-anesthesia
Post-anesthesia
Post-surgery
Wounds
All wrapped up with sling and ice pack

Jay is, well, in pain. The surgery went well, and the nurse said it was the right choice to have it done. She called after the surgery to let me know he was done. I told her I would be there in a few minutes, and she told me not to hurry because they still had stuff to do before he coud leave. I got there about 30 minutes later, and when I called in to recovery, she answered the phone and said:

"Is this Tami? Is this his wife?"

Me: "Yes."

Nurse: "I'm so glad you're here. He won't stop talking."

I thought he was pretty entertaining. He got on his cell phone as soon as I got there. After we left, we stopped at Basha's for steak (he hadn't eaten all day). He almost ran into a few people with his electric cart. We then came to the yard where he made more phone calls and grilled the steak for dinner. His arm and shoulder were still numb from the shoulder block, so he felt okay.
4 am when the block wore off, and the ice pack ran out of ice was a different story. I guess he thought it wouldn't hurt??? After attempting to come to work this morning and losing his breakfast he decided to go home to rest (thank goodness). He was sent home with a pain pump and a circulating ice pack that will stay in place at least for the next 2 days, maybe longer. He was supposed to go back to court tomorrow (long story) but he asked me to reschedule, so I'm working on that. They want a note from the doctor. Thursday he starts rehab, and next week he flies to Tennessee for a pool and spa training. I hope he feels well enough to go. He doesn't remember anything the nurse told him, so I have to keep reminding him what he can and can't do. For the time being, I have 9 dependants.

3 comments:

Cami X said...

There definately needs to be another post with the "long story" about court. I love it.

Shauna said...

Is he going to kill you for posting those pictures? :) I feel bad that he's so busy/in so much pain. But glad he rested! Hope you get help being the caretaker of NINE!

Douglas Family said...

So glad he is doing ok. I have to say I love the "cap" Jay is wearing. Wish I would have thought to take photos of John but that was a bit unplanned.