Monday, May 18, 2009

The Pool

Jay lifting the pool with the crane.The pool coming up next to my office window (I'm on the 2nd floor).
Next to my window. I stuck my hand out to show how close it was. I could have just hopped right in.
Almost past the building. It took forever.
Jay doing some fine grading before the pool goes in. He's wearing a cooling vest. It was a hot day (Friday the 15th).
The pool up above the hole.
Going down.
In the hole. After this it came out then back in about 6 or 7 times as the guys added or moved the sand underneath to make sure it was level.
And finally at 10 pm when it was set and partially filled with dirty water, the kids couldn't resist.
Emma and Bob

Okay, the pool is in the ground- after a LONG day getting through a small opening on the side of our property. We still have a way to go before it is fully functional, but we're making progress!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

That thing is huge! Is it going to have a diving board?

Douglas Family said...

Heard my niece Lexi stopped by for a visit. Wish I could see that beast in person and test it out.