Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lilly's Stitches

On Monday, December 27, Lilly's heel became the 3rd casualty of the side door at our store. One wasn't too bad, but just over 2 years ago, the same thing happened to Emma. I wasn't even in town when it happened to Emma, but Lilly's freaked me out because when I looked to see how bad the cut was, I saw her tendon. Then I scooped her up and practically ran to Jay's truck since my van wasn't there.
5 stitches and almost 2 hours later, she was feeling a little better. This was the worst stiches experience I've ever had since neither of the 2 methods of numbing medication worked, and she could feel the needle doing the sewing. A male nurse and I both held her leg down because she was rather jumpy. I don't blame her.
I waited 2 days longer than they told me, then took her stitches out. Within an hour she went outside, did a cartwheel, hit her foot on the ground, and broke the cut open again. The inside was mostly healed, but the outer wound was open and bleeding. We re-bandaged her, and thought it would heal fine. Today she couldn't wear shoes to school because we took a bandaid off, and it pulled the scab off with it. I put those non-slip socks on her bad foot and sent her on her way. After school she told me her friends were fighting over her when she told them what happened- meaning they were fighting over helping her.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I can't look @ those pictures w/out cringing. Poor Lilly. I can't believe she felt the stitching!