Thursday, February 17, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

I should preface this by saying Jay is anti-Valentine's Day, so I was shocked when I asked him around 6 pm if he was going to go on a date with me he said "Sure."

For Valentine's Day, I usually make the traditional heart-shaped meatloaf. I didn't want that this year beacuse I made meatloaf a week ago, and ate it 3 times as leftovers. I made mac n cheese for the kids, and called a steak restaurant to see how busy they were. Of course it was packed, but they said if we came around 8 they would be able to seat us then. We got there about 8:15, and waited 10 minutes (not too bad). Dinner was fabulous, except since we were eating late, they had run out of mashed potatoes. I think our only mistake of the evening was leaving the kids home alone for that hour and a half. We came home to:

- Purple food coloring (from Abbey's ongoing science project) all over the counters and floor
- Black aerosol hair color sprayed all over the bathroom counter
- Crackers shoved into holes in the TV where buttons USED to be, and a non-functioning television
- 2 packages of sliced cheese torn into pieces and spread across the floor
- And numerous other food items scattered throughout the house

It could have been worse: nobody got hurt! I guess that's what I get for trying to have a romantic evening with my husband, but not planning ahead.

No comments: