Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Suzee is Sick

Suzee is sick. Strep throat, swollen tonsils. Fun stuff.

-Friday I made an appointment for her for 5:40 pm, and forgot about it until 8 pm, at which time it was too late to go in.

-Saturday morning I called to tell them I had forgotten and reschedule, but they don't open until 11 on Saturdays. The day got busy and I forgot to call again.

-Monday morning I called and got no answer.

-Monday afternoon I called and left a message asking for another appointment. Nobody called me back.

-Tuesday Jay is sick of waiting for me to not get her in, so he calls and gets an appointment at 2:45.

-Jay takes her in for her appointment, and sends me a text around 3:15 saying "Very bad strep and very inflamed tonsils. Needed to be in sooner. Dr. said don't delay next time or she could easily suffocate in her sleep. Need to keep a close eye on her tonight and steroids should kick in by tomorrow."

-I, once again, win Mother of the Year Award. I knew she was sick, but didn't think it was that serious. She hasn't been sleeping because she can't breathe. Jay had to take her out of Sunday school because she was making too much noise "snoring." Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Oh man that is scary. How's she doin?