Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 4/5

-Our flight from Orlando to Washington DC was uneventful. Just the way I like it.
-Our flight from DC to Paris, not so much.
-A completely full flight on a 777 where there are 2 seats next to the windows on each side, then 5 across the middle. We were in the second to last row.
-A guy across from us started losing consciousness right about the time the attendants were serving dinner.
-The attendant tried to get him to focus and answer her, which he couldn't.
-Jay comments to me on how the oxygen level in the plane was really low.
-I freak out because I thought it was just me, but it wasn't.
-I start getting light-headed and my arms get all tingly.
-Jay tells me to breathe slowly.
-Meanwhile, over the loud speaker they request that any physicians on board make themselves known.
-2 very nice 50-60 ish gentlemen come to the back of the plane, remove this guy across from my from his seat, and pull him to the back of the plane where they give him oxygen, check his stats, get him juice and water, etc.
-He eventually came to, and returned to his seat for the remainder of the flight, and saw a doctor when we landed.
-I took lots of deep breaths and the tingling finally went away.
-The flight attendant noticed that the last 2 rows hadn't gotten our dinner. She was on her second round of drinks.
-We get our food (nothing to get excited about, but it's amazing how good chicken caccitore tastes when you're starving).
-Not long after, we got "breakfast" consisting of banana bread and blueberry yogurt.
-We land in Paris at 6:30 am, and we were wasted. Neither of us slept on the flight (about 7 hours).

No comments: